- The first diamond in the Jwaneng South Diamond Project has been recovered from a soil sample.
- Indications are that the diamond is close to source.
- The diamond was recovered from a third phase soil sample grid.
- A groundmagnetic survey has been completed in the area where the diamond has been found.
- A groundmagnetic anomaly is spatially associated with the diamond positive sample.
- A detailed groundmagnetic survey has been completed over the Orapa AK 10 diamondiferous kimberlite pipe.
Pangolin Discovers Volcanic Intrusion With Diamond-Inclusion Type Ilmenites at its Mmadinare Project, Botswana
- Manganese-rich diamond-inclusion type ilmenites, known to be associated with diamondiferous kimberlites and diamonds.
- Discovered volcanic intrusion believed to be a kimberlite.
- Trace element chemistry identical to diamondiferous kimberlites in the Jwaneng area, Botswana.
- Multiple diamond-inclusion type ilmenites also recovered from exploration soil samples in the Mmadinare Project. Continue reading