TORONTO, ONTARIO November 28, 2018 – Pangolin Diamonds Corp, (“Pangolin” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: PAN) is pleased to announce the results of an AK10 kimberlite indicator mineral chemistry classification by CF Mineral Research Ltd., Kelowna, Canada. Pangolin has been granted the sole and exclusive option to earn up to a 75% interest in the Orapa AK10 Kimberlite (see news July 17,2018). Continue reading
Pangolin Recovers Pyrope Garnets with Near-Source Features Over a Geophysical Anomaly at Malatswae Diamond Project, Botswana
- Four soil samples produced 14 pyrope garnets with near-source surface features
- The features include trichitic etch pits and channels that result from chemical weathering of pyrope garnet
- The grains are identical to pyrope garnets from weathered kimberlite elsewhere in Botswana and show little to no evidence of transport
- The samples are positioned directly over a high priority magnetic anomaly under investigation
TORONTO, ONTARIO (November 3, 2015) – Pangolin Diamonds Corp. (TSX-V: PAN) (the “Company” or “Pangolin”) is pleased to announce it has recovered pyrope garnet with near-source surface features from the Company’s wholly-owned Malatswae Diamond Project (“Malatswae”), located 90 km southeast of the Orapa kimberlite field in Botswana. Four samples produced over 14 pyrope garnets, with five grains in two samples. The samples are spaced from 200-400 meters apart and positioned directly over a magnetic anomaly of similar dimensions. Continue reading
Pangolin Closes $628,621 Oversubscribed Private Placement for Diamond Projects in Botswana
TORONTO, ONTARIO (September 3, 2015) – Pangolin Diamonds Corp. (TSX-V: PAN) (the “Company” or “Pangolin”) is pleased to announce the closing of a non-brokered private placement financing for aggregate gross proceeds of $628,621 (the “Offering”). The Offering consisted of 12,572,425 units of the Company (“Unit”) at a price of $0.05 per Unit. Each Unit consists of one common share in the capital of the Company (“Common Share”) and one Common Share purchase warrant (“Warrant”). Each Warrant entitles the holder thereof to acquire one Common Share at a price of $0.05 for a period of sixty (60) months from the date hereof. Insiders of Pangolin participated in the total amount of $39,623. The Offering represents an increase of approximately 25% over the original financing target of $500,000, and was completed at a 25% premium to the closing price of the Common Shares on the TSX Venture Exchange on September 2, 2015. Continue reading
Update for the Botswana Exploration Projects – DMS plant and soil sampling
- 1 TPH DMS plant is now processing soil samples from six project areas
- A total of 362 soil samples to be processed
- Detailed grid sampling of priority kimberlite targets at Malatswae Project
- An additional Prospecting licence awarded contiguous with Jwaneng South Project
TORONTO, ONTARIO (July ,29 2015) – Pangolin Diamonds Corp. (TSX-V: PAN) (the “Company” or “Pangolin”) is pleased to provide an update for the Company’s wholly-owned Diamond Projects, located in Botswana. Continue reading
Pangolin Receives Positive Kimberlite Indicator Analyses for Malatswae Diamond Project, Botswana
- Laboratory reports an abundance of positive kimberlitic ilmenites from soil samples
- Kimberlitic ilmenites from the Malatswae Diamond Project are distinctly different to ilmenites from the Orapa AK1 Diamond Mine confirming separate source area
- Clinopyroxenes of both eclogitic and peridotitic paragenesis from the earth’s mantle present in samples
- Primary surface textures on numerous indicator minerals and clinopyroxenes indicative of proximal source.
- Close geographical association between anomalously positive samples and previous selected high priority aeromagnetic targets currently being followed up with detailed ground surveys and additional soil sampling.
TORONTO, ONTARIO (July 14, 2015) – Pangolin Diamonds Corp. (TSX-V: PAN) (the “Company” or “Pangolin”) is pleased to announce it has received positive kimberlite indicator mineral analyses for the Company’s wholly-owned Malatswae Diamond Project (“Malatswae”), located 90 km southeast of the world class Orapa Diamond Mine in Botswana. Continue reading
Pangolin Appoints Dr. Leon Daniels as President/CEO and New BOD Patrick Harford; Premium to Market Private Placement
TORONTO, ONTARIO (July 9, 2015) – Pangolin Diamonds Corp. (TSX-V: PAN) (the “Company” or “Pangolin”) announces that Dr. Leon Daniels will assume the role of President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company effective immediately. Rick Bonner, the current President and Chief Executive Officer, has resigned. The Company thanks Rick for his contributions and wishes him success in his future endeavours.
The Company also announces that it intends to complete a private placement to raise up to $500,000 through a non-brokered private placement (the “Private Placement”) of up to 10,000,000 units priced at CDN$0.05 per unit representing a premium to the current share price. Each unit will consist of one common share and one non-transferable common share purchase warrant, with each warrant exercisable for a period of sixty (60) months from the closing at a price of $0.05 per share. Continue reading
PANGOLIN UPDATES MALATSWAE DIAMOND PROJECT, BOTSWANA
Pangolin Updates Malatswae Diamond Project, Botswana
- Soil samples return anomalous concentrations of Kimberlite Indicator Minerals
- Surface textures of indicator minerals are consistent with minimal transport from a proximal kimberlite source
- Aeromagnetic data review produces more than 20 priority targets, several with anomalous kimberlite indicator minerals
- A data review indicates at least three geographic separate areas with diamonds in soil samples
- Ground magnetic surveys and detailed soil sampling to follow
TORONTO, ONTARIO (June 30, 2015) – Pangolin Diamonds Corp. (TSX-V: PAN) (the “Company” or “Pangolin”) is pleased to provide an update for the Company’s wholly-owned Malatswae Diamond Project (“Malatswae”), located 90 km southeast of the world class Orapa Diamond Mine produces in Botswana. Continue reading
Mining Weekly: A diamond in the rough, Pangolin tracks diamond-bearing kimberlites
Pangolin was featured in Mining Weekly. Click here to read the full article.
TORONTO (miningweekly.com) – After recently announcing that it had discovered one of the largest-ever kimberlite pipes at its Tsabong North project, in Botswana, TSX-V-listed exploration junior Pangolin Diamonds is on the lookout for a partner to develop the project that is shaping up to be far larger than ever thought.
Pangolin last week announced that it had discovered a 270 ha kimberlite pipe, making it comparable with the Se251 kimberlite in Angola that measures 220 ha, the MK1 kimberlite in Botswana that measures 180 ha, and the Mwadui kimberlite in Tanzania, which measures 146 ha.
“The first thought that ran through my mind when I heard that we had indeed found a 270-ha-large kimberlite, instead of two separate pipes was: ‘We need a big partner’,” Pangolin chairperson Dr Leon Daniels told Mining Weekly Online in an interview on Friday.
Mining Weekly: Pangolin unearths garnets pointing to new Botswana kimberlites
Pangolin was featured in Mining Weekly. Click here to read the full article.
TORONTO (miningweekly.com) – Canadian explorer Pangolin Diamonds on Tuesday said it had unearthed high-pressure garnets that could indicate the presence of more than one diamond-bearing kimberlite pipe on its Tsabong North project, in Botswana.
The TSX-V-listed company said independent lab analysis returned a significant number of high-pressure garnets associated with the diamond stability field, which is the area of the earth’s mantle with the heat and pressure required to produce diamonds, which for the company confirmed a high exploration potential for new diamondiferous kimberlite pipes in the area.